Do you want to gain new perspectives and become a part of a vibrant Czech-German Network? Are you interested in cross-border and cross-sector cooperation? Are you a young professional with at least three years of working experience and good English skills? Apply for the Czech-German Young Professionals Program 2020!
During the program year you will be invited to three intense and high-quality units consisting of seminars, on-site visits and team-building activities (4 days each, in Berlin, Prague and other cities) and will become a part of a growing international network of committed and talented people from the Czech Republic and Germany.
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2020. Find the application form here.
The program is initiated and financed by the Czech-German Fund for the Future.
Please, find here CGYPP 2020 call poster
What is CGYPP?
Established in 2008, a growing international network of committed and talented people from the Czech Republic and Germany (more than 120 in 2019).
What does CGYPP offer each year?
- Three intense and high-quality units consisting of seminars, on-site visits, peer-learning and team-building activities (4 days each, in Berlin, Prague and other cities) + Alumni Meeting (2 days)
- Interaction of participants with a broad range of German and Czech distinguished experts
- Opportunity to develop one’s own project ideas
- Improvement of intercultural, leadership, presentation and media skills
- Stimulus for future professional career
- Membership in a prestigious Alumni network
What is the CGYPP 2020 Topic?
Sustainable Business & Lifestyle – Czech and German Answers: Europe will be the world’s first climate neutral continent – at least according to the newly elected president of the EU commission, Ursula von der Leyen. To what extent this ambitious goal can be met, remains to be seen. But these climate-friendly announcements cannot conceal the deeply rooted discrepancy in member states´ environmental policies. In most cases, conflicts do not so much concern the overall perception of a problem or the goals to be achieved. The basic question dividing the EU rather is, whether it is necessary to regulate a given problem by new legislation (top-down) – or whether it is sufficient to rely on mechanisms of self-commitment and “the market” (bottom-up).
Against this background, the 11th edition of the Czech-German Young Professionals Program (CGYPP) aims at exploring the reasons behind the fundamental differences dividing EU member states in their environmental policies.
Comparing Germany and the Czech Republic we will ask how Czechs and Germans perceive the environmental problems we are facing today. Who, do they think, is “in charge” of solving these problems? What political and economic incentives do start-ups and companies need to contribute to a more sustainable form of modern life? And to what extent are people willing to change their behaviour in a way as not to reduce their own “ecological footprint”? Should we try to bring about societal change – and if so: how?
We want to discuss these questions creatively, interactively and polemically with a wide range of political and economic leaders, with leading journalists and experts – and we want to share our insights with the general public.
Where and when will CGYPP take place?
- Berlin, March 12-15, 2020 (Thursday afternoon – Sunday noon)
- Prague, June 18-21, 2020 (Thursday afternoon – Sunday noon)
- Cross-border study trip, September 24-27, 2020 (Thursday afternoon – Sunday noon)
Who are the participants?
- Czechs and Germans with open mindset in the age of 25-40 with varying professional backgrounds (from the fields of academia, business, media, politics, public administration and NGOs)
- Selected 12-14 young professionals for one programme year become Alumni after full attendance of the three program units
Who can apply?
Young professionals with at least 3 years’ work experience from the Czech Republic and Germany with strong interest in cross-sector and cross-border cooperation, who speak fluent English.
How to apply?
To apply go to www.cgypp.eu/join-us and fill in the application form by January 31, 2020.
1) Cover letter in English (2 pages max.)
2) CV in English (in tabular form)
In case of your acceptance, we charge a one-time participation fee of 200 EUR. We cover your program arrangement, travel expenses, accommodation, and board. You are expected to attend all program component units in full.
Why is it worth it?
Who are the contact persons?
- For Czech candidates: Michael Murad, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +420 721 823 366
- For German candidates: Marie Kersten, email@example.com, Tel.: +49 30 89 59 51 40
Who are the organizers?
Czech Association for International Affairs (AMO)
German European Academy Berlin